Monday, February 28, 2011

Age old statement..Men vs Women

Gender is a definite and unavoidable approachable way to define the ways men and women use technologies.  Its not a surprise that more women use social network sites than men.  By nature woman are more social and willing to gossip and discuss about social topics.  Men are more willing to listen and provide some feedback but are not as likely to post it as a "status update" or start messaging their friends in there inbox.  In my own life i have had these experiences.  My girlfriend posts updates all the time throughout the day that detailing where shes going or what shes doing.  A lot of the time i use my facebook just to look up old friends or communicate some prayers or feelings, i don't usually post what I'm doing throughout the day because i don't feel why it would be important.  I would defiantly rather surf the Internet for random things and play video games rather than play with facebook. I feel its a medium that women love because its so informative about other peoples lives and it keeps them up to date and in the loop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment